- To get started, scroll down and click on the Purchase Now button. NOTE: The charge will appear on your credit card statement as "Learning Express".
- After you have completed the purchase process, select the program, and then select Part 1.
- Click on the + symbol (to the left of the green take the test button) to view a link to the corresponding presentation material. Clicking on the link will open the the material in a new window. Toggle between windows or print the presentation material for your reference.
- Return to this page and click on the Take the Test button.
- Now read each story in the newsletter, and then answer the corresponding questions in the test.
- Repeat for each of the 6 tests. All 6 tests do not need to be taken at once; however partially completed test modules will not be saved.
- After you have passed the sixth test module, be sure to complete the evaluation form in order to access your certificate.
- Go to View/Print CE Credit in order to access your certificate.
IMPORTANT: Once you have opened the test, do not click on the back button or refresh the screen. Doing so will erase any completed answers.
The objectives of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Alerts and our CME programs are to encourage participants to increase their knowledge of advances in psychiatry and to integrate this knowledge into clinical practice. More specifically, the program participants will be better able to:
- Integrate into clinical practice findings from new diagnostic and therapeutic studies.
- Determine appropriate patient evaluation and treatment selection for child and adolescent psychiatric and behavioral disorders.
- Discuss developmental risk factors and comorbid disorders and how they affect outcomes.
- Plan strategies for early intervention to improve outcomes.
- Appropriately prescribe medications or other therapeutic interventions.
- Recognize and implement new approaches to the treatment of child and adolescent psychiatric and behavioral disorders.
*M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers designates this enduring material for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).TM Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) for use towards Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
- Enduring Material
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists
M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Requirements for CE Credit
In order to obtain CME/CEU credit, participants are required to complete all of the following:
1. Read the learning objectives and review Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Alerts, Volume XIX, July 2017 through December 2017 (6 issues).
2. Complete each of the 6 self-study modules (1 for each monthly issue).
3. Complete the evaluation form.
Note: Two credits are awarded for completion of each module for a total of 12 credits for completion of the entire activity.
Activity Planning Committee
Trish Elliott, Executive Editor, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Tara Hausmann, Associate Editor, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Bennett Silver, MD, Private Practice, Springfield, NJ
Kate Casano, MSHyg, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Donna Foehner, Assistant Editor, M.J. Powers & Co Publishers, Butler, NJ
Consulting Editor and CME Reviewer
This activity was reviewed for relevance, accuracy of content, and balance of presentation by Theodore A. Petti, MD, MPH, Professor of Psychiatry, Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ.
Kate Casano has no relevant financial relationships.
Trish Elliott has no relevant financial relationships.
Donna Foehner has no relevant financial relationships.
Tara Hausmann has no relevant financial relationships.
Theodore A. Petti, MD, MPH has no relevant financial relationships.
Bennett Silver, MD has no relevant financial relationships.
M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers is fully independent and accepts no commercial support of any kind.
Off-Label Usage Disclosure
This activity may discuss commercial products unlabeled for use or an investigational use of a product not yet approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration.
For Additional Information or Questions
M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers
Phone: (973) 898-1200 Email: email@example.com
Please note: activity purchase will appear on your credit card statement as "Learning Express".
If you have already purchased a newsletter subscription,
please be sure to choose I am a "Current Newsletter Subscriber" in the drop-down box below.