The objectives of this Suicide Awareness/Prevention CME activity are to encourage participants to increase their knowledge of suicide risk factors and the efficacy of available treatments and to integrate this knowledge into clinical practice. More specifically, the program participants
will be better able to:
- Recognize early risk factors and predictors of suicidality.
- Identify patients who may be at increased risk for suicidality.
- Determine and appropriately prescribe therapeutic interventions for suicidality.
- Recognize, avoid, and manage unintended consequences of treatment
*M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).TM Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Off-Label Usage Disclosure
This activity may discuss commercial products unlabeled for use or an investigational use of a product not yet approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration.
For Additional Information or Questions
M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers
Phone: (973) 898-1200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: activity purchase will appear on your credit card statement as "Learning Express".
- Enduring Material
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists
M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Requirements for CE Credit
In order to obtain CME/CEU credit, participants are required to complete all of the following:
1. Read the learning objectives and review the 7 articles on suicide risk factors and prevention (collected from Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Alerts and Psychiatry Alerts NOS).
2. Complete each of the self-study modules (1 for each article).
3. Complete the evaluation form.
Note: 0.5 credits are awarded for completion of each module for a total of 3.5 credits for completion of the entire activity.
M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers is fully independent and accepts no commercial support of any kind for the development of continuing education activities.
Activity Planning Committee
Trish Elliott, Executive Editor, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Tara Hausmann, Associate Editor, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Bennett Silver, MD, Private Practice, Springfield, NJ
Kate Casano, MSHyg, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Donna Foehner, Assistant Editor, M.J. Powers & Co. Publishers, Butler, NJ
Consulting Editor and CME Reviewer
Materials for this activity have been reviewed for relevance, accuracy of content, and balance of presentation by Steven J. Schleifer, MD, Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ and Theodore A. Petti, MD, MPH, Professor of Psychiatry, Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ.
Kate Casano has no relevant financial relationships.
Trish Elliott has no relevant financial relationships.
Donna Foehner has no relevant financial relationships.
Tara Hausmann has no relevant financial relationships.
Theodore A. Petti, MD, MPH has no relevant financial relationships.
Steven J. Schleifer, MD has no relevant financial relationships.
Bennett Silver, MD has no relevant financial relationships.
- To get started, scroll down and click on the Purchase Now button. NOTE: The charge will appear on your credit card statement as "Learning Express".
- After you have completed the purchase process, select the program, and then select Part 1.
- Click on the + symbol (to the left of the module number) to view a link to the corresponding presentation material. Clicking on the link will open the the material in a new window. Toggle between windows or print the presentation material for your reference.
- Return to this page and click on the Take the Test button.
- Now read each story in the newsletter, and then answer the corresponding questions in the test.
- Repeat for each of the 7 modules. All 7 modules do not need to be taken at once; however partially completed test modules will not be saved.
- After you have passed the final test module, be sure to complete the evaluation form in order to access your certificate.
- Go to View/Print CE Credit in order to access your certificate.